My Linh Lucero awarded Mellon Mays Undergraduate Fellowship

April 12, 2023

mlinhlucero.jpgMy Linh Lucero, a second-year student at The University of New Mexico, has been awarded the Mellon Mays Undergraduate Fellowship. The fundamental objective of MMUF is to address the problem of underrepresentation in the academy at the level of college and university faculties.

Lucero is a second-year student, double majoring in Anthropology with a concentration in Human Biology and Psychology and expects to graduate in 2025. Besides assisting Anthropology department administrator Jennifer George in the Clark Field Archive and Library, Lucero is also the vice president of the Undergrad Anthropology Society.

I am from Albuquerque, New Mexico. My mom is Vietnamese, and my dad is Hispanic, which is what sparked my interest in multicultural studies. I am interested in connecting Anthropology and Psychology with my research. For my study for Mellon Mays right now I am planning to work on seeing if there is a difference in mental health between people of one culture and people of multicultural backgrounds — such as people from collectivistic cultures coming to America with more individualistic ideals,” she explained.

Read more at UNM Newsroom.