2023 Inspiring Graduate | Bryan Rojas

December 14, 2023 - Dani Rae Wascher

as-spa.jpgThe saying, “those who don’t ask for thanks in return” is exactly who UNM graduate Bryan Rojas embodies. Rojas was born and raised in Albuquerque, N.M. and his journey to public service started off at a very young age. While Rojas always had a heart to serve his family, community, and country he always knew that he wanted to pursue higher education. In 2019 Rojas graduated from The University of New Mexico with a Bachelor of Arts in Liberal Arts. Four years later, Rojas will walk across the stage yet again to receive his Master of Public Administration (MPA) along with his Army ROTC Commission.

“It's always been something that I've kind of had in the back of my mind, I'll be the first member in my immediate family to obtain a master's. I’m pretty stoked about that,” expressed Rojas.

Picture of Rojas in Navy uniform

Rojas’ journey to public service began June 1, 2011, when he enlisted into the Navy, and did both active and reserve time. He went to basic training in Nov. of 2011 and worked his way up to the Senior Enlisted Leader of the 3D Reality Capture/Lidar Program for SPAWAR. Rojas has always had a heart to serve our nation, country, and community. He left the Navy in 2021 and had served just under nine years in total.

Read more in the UNM Newsroom